Tuesday 6 May 2014

Mommy School ~ Cc is for Carrot {Part 2}

~Kai is 37 months old~

We continued with our carrot theme today after the Labour Day holidays.  We started with our carrot craft.  Kai painted the letter C but I did most of it!  I'm not sure if it's because he feels less confident with using paint as a tool or if it's because he doesn't want to mess up his craft!  He glued the three green leaves on the carrot, though.

I put a magnetic number onto the counting mat and Kai had to place the correct number of carrots on the wheelbarrow.  He liked this and even tried tasting a baby carrot.  He didn't like it!  To help Kai with number recognition, I printed out a page from The Carrot Seed and made it into a number puzzle.  Pretend play involved "planting" baby carrots into "little pots". 

I bought carrot seeds last week and decided to sprout some of them.  I’m not sure how it will turn out as I’ve never sprouted seeds before!  I showed Kai how tiny the carrot seed was.  Kai helped me placed cotton on a quail egg container.  He then put a few drops of water on each cotton using a syringe.  He loved this part!  I helped him place one carrot seed on each damp cotton, as he had a hard time holding the carrot seed with his fingers.  We'll have to wait a few days and see if our sprouting was successful! 

Kai’s finished work for Cc is for Carrot



0 comments:

Post a Comment